1939-1941 Front Disc Brake Conversion Fact Sheet
Our front disc conversion kits are the best in the industry, are virtually all inclusive, and bolt up directly to your stock MoPar spindles.
They are made in the USA.
Our hubs are built with the stock MoPar bolt pattern. That is 5 lug with a 4 1/2 “ bolt pattern. Please note that stock wheels may not be compatible with our disc kits as space is needed to clear the calipers and rotors. You will need a minimum 13 ¼”outside diameter on the back side of your wheel, that is on a flat plane with the lug bolt holes. Some customers have successfully “ground” just a bit off the corners of the calipers and used the kit with their stock wheels. Late model Mopar wheels and virtually all aftermarket wheels will work great.
Moderate mechanical ability is required for installation. If you can use two wrenches simultaneously you can install our kits. No machining is required, and clear and concise installation instructions are included.
Our Kits include:
- Aluminum hubs with grease caps
- New GM rotors and “big piston” calipers and pads
- All mounting bolts, seals, bearings, caliper mounting brackets and attaching hardware
- Flexible brake hoses
- New dual chamber master cylinder
- All bracketing and hardware to install the new master cylinder in the original location, and with correct interface with stock pedal system.
- Correct metering valves to maintain appropriate residual pressure in system. This is critical and is why many “home built” conversion kits don’t work properly!
- Installation instructions
Kits do not include:
- Brake fluid
- Tube nuts
- 3 /16” hard brake lines
- T-fitting for brake light switch, brake light switch (not necessary on all cars)
Shipping is typically in the $130-$165 range within USA. NOTE: SHIPPING WILL BE ADJUSTED BASED ON YOUR SHIP TO LOCATION!
Please don’t hesitate to call us with your specific questions on these kits!